February 28, 2010

Number 4.

It is finally Sunday, even though every day for the past four days has felt like Sunday.  I've been in a strange mood... all my days are mixed up.  Oh well, I guess this is how you normally feel when you are sick.

Last night, my brother's friend Michael came over to hang out... that kid is insane.  He makes me laugh.  As we were watching The Aristo Cats, he tossed a throw pillow at me.  (Get it? Throw pillow??  Ha.)  So I grabbed the other and we began having a pillow fight.  As I tossed one at him and he ducked, I nearly knocked the Xbox and external hard drive (our source of movies) off the fire place mantle, which would have been very, very bad.  My brother would have kicked my ass, pardon my language.  So I suggested that we go outside and have a snowball fight!  My brother, sister, and Michael and I went outside all bundled up and had an epic snowball fight.  Let me tell you, when thrown really hard and at close range, a packed ball of ice can hurt really bad!  I'm fairly sure I have a bruise or two on my thigh, which seemed to be where I was most likely to be hit.  But it was fun all the same.  Michael had to leave soon afterwards, but we had a great time running and slipping on the foot of snow that covered my back yard.  I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. 

Today, as I was looking through all the photos on my computer for one to decorate my page, I found pictures from all my favorite places in Georgia that I had taken before we left.  It made me somewhat sad to remember the things I did while in Georgia, but I thought some of you might like to see some of the prettier pictures, so I will share a few. 


This is the path that goes from the Savannah River headwaters to downtown Augusta, Georiga, where I used to live before coming to Michigan.  I loved this place. 


Some turtles sunbathing in the Augusta Canal.


A beautiful waterfall from a stream/small river that emptied into the Augusta Canal.


The patio at ASU conservatory where I used to go for orchestra/violin lessons.

It had just stopped raining.
A pretty statue that stood in the fountain in front of Surrey Center Pharmacy.

Along the Chattahoochee River in Helen, Georgia.  This was a surprise tubing trip.  :)











I guess that's all I have for now... my parents are having dinner guests over in about an hour, and homework is (unfortunately) calling my name. 

As always,
Jules, the High School Nomad.

P.S., I haven't forgotten my story... I just haven't had a chance to take another look at it.  Contrary to popular belief, a teenager like me can become pretty busy... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment