April 21, 2010

Number 27.

I am in a writing mood today.  I've got a bit of homework... and a cello and violin to play, though.  I wish I had a lot more time in the day to do the things I want to do.  It's already six o'clock, and I have to do A.P.U.S.H. and American Literature homework, including the make-up work from when I was absent yesterday.  I should go to bed by at least 10:30.  Homework will take me an hour, at least.  I hate having so much to do and so little time to do it.
I wish it were summer time.  I would have all the time in the world to do what I wanted to do, be it play the cello, the violin, write, blog, read, sleep... spend time with friends.  What am I going to do with myself for the next month and a half?  I'm going to go crazy, that's what.  But I am going to do everything in my power to keep from going crazy.
In literature, we have a new assignment.  When my teacher assigned it, I nearly jump with joy.  We are assigned to do my favorite thing: write.  I am to write a research paper about a person who was influential in American history.  I chose someone I can relate to; a writer and a poet: Maya Angelou.  I went to the library and checked out her book: I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings.  I haven't read all of the book yet; just the excerpts that they include in middle school literature books.  I honestly cannot wait to read and write about Miss Angelou.  I am excited.

Well, I guess it is time for me to get my chores and homework done, and then hopefully obtain some "me time."

As always,
Jules, the High School Nomad.

No comments:

Post a Comment