April 6, 2010

Number 22.

So I am on the road again... in Chicago.  This city is honestly amazing.  

My friend Katie invited me to take the trip with her parents for four days.  Yesterday, we went to the art museum, which was fantastic.  Then we went to Navy Pier and rode the ferris wheel.  So high up in the sky... it was awesome.  

As we got to the hotel on the outskirts of the city, Katie and I were really happy and in a giggly mood.  We were downstairs looking at the pool and we were headed back upstairs on the elevator.  It is a glass elevator, and the one we were on was facing the seating area in the bar in the hotel.  I was singing a song, and the song was very dance-able.  I began dancing.  As soon as I realized that the elevator was glass, I stopped.  Then I turned around to see a group of people at one table... laughing at me.  Katie said my face was so red... talk about embarrassment.   We ran off the elevator and back to the room.  I was laughing so hard that I collapsed in the hallway, unable to breathe.  When we went back downstairs for a drink, the father of the group of people walked up to me and said "Nice dance." and began laughing.  I laughed too, telling him that I honestly forgot the elevator was glass.  They kept on laughing at me all night.  To be honest, it wasn't so bad.  I'm not into embarrassment... if I fall down to do something stupid like shake my ass in front of a glass window with people behind it, I can laugh at myself instead of hole up and try to pretend like it didn't happen.  Sure, I might turn as red as a tomato, but I will still laugh.  It was a fun night.

Today, we went shopping.  I got a new shirt and a dress and some black and gray checkered vans.  I wanted this really amazing old fashioned dress, but it was so expensive.  I wouldn't have had any money left for food if I had gotten it.  But I fell in love with it the moment I saw it:

It is fantastic.  It looks like something straight out of Pride and Prejudice or the like.  I would love to own it, but I don't make that much money.  Oh well.  

Anyway, I've had a lot of words tonight.  I am having a great time in Chicago.  There hasn't been a moment when I wasn't occupied with one thing or another, so I could keep troubling thoughts from my mind.  

I think I will be done writing here for this evening... So until next time.

As always, 
Jules, the High School Nomad.

No comments:

Post a Comment